3 Ways To Overcome Fear


scholarayu 3 ways to overcome fear

Having fear inside you - Relax! Like a bit of salt in the food, petrol in vehicles, etc., a bit of fear is essential in your life to keep you on the right path. Imagine a world where people don't have fear of anything? Think there is no fear of failure in exams than students won't study. You will not take precautions if you will have no fear of getting this new virus. 

A few years back I met with a car accident with my family and from that incident, I was not ready to travel by road or if I traveled I used to sit awaken with my wide eyes open and I used to consistently pray till I used to reach the destination. Something inside me was afraid. My heartbeats become faster and my hands used to be sweaty. I couldn't enjoy the journey with my family. I knew I was so fearful- the fear of facing an accident again. 

This fear was getting onto my nerves when I use to sit in the car. Obviously, I need to conquer this fear. Fear is a normal reaction that simply warns our body to be careful. Slowly, if we will not fix it, then this will become a pattern in our lives. So similarly, I found some ways to overcome this and many other fears in my life.

Let's learn some of the ways to overcome fear:-

1. GET RID OF PAST BAGGAGE
Don't let your past affect you, let your past remain in the past itself. Its because sometimes some of the incidents that happened in the past may bother you in present also. Like I had the fear of traveling in the car this is because I had an incident related to this in my past. Many of us are feared by dogs this might be because we had a bad experience with dogs so in present also, we think many times before going near them or we will generally avoid going near dogs. 

Why children are not afraid of anything have you ever thought? This is because they have no impressions of their past in their minds. But as they grow up, they go through many experiences and stock up in their life as good and bad experiences, which becomes impressions in life. And usually, some of the bad impressions develop into fear. The best way to get rid of any fear is MEDITATION. Meditation helps to remove these impressions and make us strong from within. 

I had the phobia of walking in the dark; I would feel someone would attack me from behind or someone would kidnap. Taking a friend's advice, I started practicing silence and meditation regularly. Its been almost two months that I have kept up with my practice and believe me darkness does not scare me anymore.

2. USE YOUR IMAGINATION IN POSITIVE WAYS
Imagination is a wonderful thing. It makes you more powerful, creative and increases the ability to think out of the box. Unfortunately, constant imagination can be a harmful tool when it makes you think about negative aspects. Your imagination can increase your fears, making the situation worse than actually, it is. 

How will you do that? Take a  moment when you are relaxed and not tensed. Close your eyes and imagine a situation that normally causes fear in you. For instance, if you are afraid of darkness like I was then, imagine yourself alone in the house and that too during the night. Now imagine yourself handling the situation all alone. Instead, you didn't rush to the room and began crying. You calm your mind and make yourself to face that and turn around to look if someone is there. 

The peace you actually imagined in the example can actually help you get through the actual ordeal more peacefully.

3. PRACTICE MINDFULNESS
You might have heard about mindfulness, but what exactly it is? Meditation is a mental activity that allows you to realize your fears. Practice meditation during some of your less severe fear. When you recognize your fear symptoms are arising, calmly sit down and analyze what is happening to you. It is just like having a walk but in your mind. Try observing the symptoms as it arises. Don't do anything about it. Just sit peacefully and track the things you are doing. This will raise self-awareness, and slowly it will prevent you from doing the unusual things you do when you experience fear. It will definitely help you to run out of there.

'Control your fear before fear controls you.' Start meditating from today to have a better tomorrow. 

Do follow me on
Instagram - scholarayu
Twitter -  @ScholarAyu
YouTube - ScholarAyu Official
Facebook - ScholarAyu.Official
Spotify - ScholarAyu
Pinterest - ScholarAyu

Stay tuned for upcoming exciting blogs.
Comment, share, and subscribe to my blog if you like the content.

Post a Comment

2 Comments